Northern Michigan Organizations Receive Census Outreach Grants
Ten groups in northern Michigan just got support to bring the U.S. Census to communities that are typically under-counted.
$110,000 in grants will go to these organizations:
- Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Michigan
- Disability Network Northern Michigan
- District Health Department #10
- Grand Traverse Community Collaborative
- Kalkaska County Commission on Aging
- Manistee County Council on Aging
- Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
- Traverse Area District Library
- Traverse Health Clinic
- Wexford County Council on Aging
Networks Northwest is partnering with the Michigan Nonprofit Association to give under-counted communities a chance at participating.
Low-income households, seasonal residents, communities of color, immigrants, and young children all are typically under-counted.
The grants will range from $5,000 to $15,000.