Business in Focus: Natural Northern Foods
What would Monday be without a little food on ‘the four’?
We welcomed Lori Laclair from Natural Northern Foods LIVE in the Heritage House Kitchen to tell us all about how she uses her spring onion and chive cream cheese to make the perfect twice baked potato.
Here is her recipe:
Twice Baked Potatoes with Asiago and Spring Onion Cheese
- 7 Idaho potatoes
- 7 oz Natural Northern Foods Asiago and Spring Onion Spread
- 1 lb thick cut bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 tbsp House Seasoning
- 1 cup Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash each of the potatoes and rub with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove potatoes and turn oven down to 350.
- Half your potatoes. Hollow out each one, setting aside the insides. Add butter, asiago and spring onion cheese spread, green onions, house seasoning and cheddar jack cheese. Mix until creamy and stuff each potato. Top with cheddar jack, bacon and fresh parsley. Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Natural Northern Foods opened in Traverse City in 2005 after owner, Lori decided that her passion was within creating great tasting, whole, healthy foods.
She loves a good farmers market and finds her inspiration in locally grown produce. Everything she makes is GMO and gluten free with no preservatives or sugars added. She can be found in over 200 locations over Michigan and you can find one near you by clicking here.
She also makes her very own jarred salsas that can be bought here on Amazon.
To learn more about Natural Northern Foods, click here.