Chef Hermann Shares Thanksgiving Recipes
We are bringing you even more exciting food on this Tuesday afternoon with one local chef who is a very familiar face here at 9&10 News.
Chef Hermann from Hermann’s European Café and Restaurant is in the Heritage House Kitchen to show us some of his best holiday recipes.
Garlicky Green Beans with Hazelnuts
- ½ cup beef or bacon fat
- 2 lb. green beans
- 1 cup hazelnuts, rough chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Tarragon, fresh
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat pan to medium high.
- Melt the bacon fat and butter.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender.
- Add the garlic and hazelnuts and cook until hazelnuts are toasted.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sprinkling of fresh tarragon
Ginger and Molasses Glazed Root Vegetable
- 1 lb. carrots, boiled and sliced
- 1 lb. parsnips, boiled and sliced
- 1 lb. turnips, boiled and sliced
- 1 lb. golden beets, boiled and sliced
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ½ Lemon
- 2 tsp. garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. peeled ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp. Molasses
- 2 tbsp. water
- Black pepper, fresh parsley
- On medium high heat, melt butter and oil until sizzles.
- Add the garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add the root vegetables and warm through.
- De-glaze the pan with the lemon juice and add the molasses.
- Toss to coat.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Yogurt
- 5 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- 10 oz. coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp. coriander, ground
- Place sweet potatoes in pot and cover with water.
- Add salt and boil until tender.
- Remove and strain water.
- Transfer to food processor and puree.
- Stir in the coconut yogurt and adjust seasoning