National Pasta Day with Trattoria Stella’s Chef Myles Anton
It’s National Pasta Day and what better way to celebrate than by welcoming in Myles Anton from Trattoria Stella to show off some of their best dishes.
He was live in the Heritage House Kitchen to show us how we can celebrate with some of the best Italian food in northern Michigan.
He also shared some great recipes with us:
Basic Pasta Dough
- 1 cup Semolina Flour
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Mound 3 1/2 cups flour in center of working space, make a well in the middle.
- Add eggs and olive oil in well
- Beat eggs together and incorporate flour
- Knead for 15 minutes until dough is tight
- Wrap dough in plastic and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pasta dough in a pasta machine to its thinnest setting, working gradually down the settings.
- Lay sheet on a flat surface, form a ring of filling. Add egg yolk to center of well.
- Brush with egg wash around filling.
- Lay another sheet over.
- Press around.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Cook until ravioli float in boiling salted water.
- Garnish with basil, extra virgin olive oil, pesto, etc.
Smoked Tomato Sauce | “Smoker”
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & Pepper
- Hot smoke tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes (light) or 10 minutes (heavy)
- Put into saucepan, add water, salt and pepper, stew on low for half hour
- Puree, add dab of butter if you get into that kind of thing
- Season to taste
To learn more about Trattoria Stella and The Franklin, click here.
To see the amazing dishes that Chef Myles made us, watch the video above.