Michelle Cooks with Jennifer Gawel: Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Wellness Wednesday means more food on ‘the four’ and this week we are back with Registered Dietitian Jennifer Gawel to get ready for fall with her chicken pot pie soup with tater tot topping.
Here is her recipe:
- 1.50 Cup, Potato Tots
- 1 tbsp, Oil – Vegetable, canola
- 1 tbsp(s), Butter – Unsalted
- 0.50 cup grated, Carrots
- 0.25 cup(s), Celery
- 0.25 cup, chopped, Onion
- 0.25 cup, All Purpose Flour0.50 tsp, Garlic powder
- 0.50 tsp(s), Spices, onion powder
- 0.50 tsp, Spices, marjoram, dried
- 0.25 tsp, Sage, Rubbed, Dried
- 0.50 cup, Grean peas
- 1.50 tbsp, Parsley, fresh
- 39 grams or 1/2 cup, Parsnips – 1/2 Cup
- 1 cup, Rotisserie Chicken, 1 1/2 Cup Diced
- 3 cup, Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 0.25 cup, Yogurt- Greek 0%
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potato tots on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrot, parsnip, celery and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, chicken (or turkey), garlic powder, onion powder, marjoram and sage.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peas and yogurt.
- Arrange the potato tots over the surface of the soup