Old Mission School Cancels Classes After Electrical Fire

The Old Mission School had to unexpectedly send students home Monday morning.

An electrical fire in the building is to blame.

As students were arriving to school, staff noticed the very distinctive smell of an electrical fire.

They found a breaker box was smoking and immediately led the students out of the building.

Old Mission also canceled class for the day.

The fire was contained to a breaker box.

The school says everyone involved reacted to the situation exactly how they practice.

“I think the procedures that we follow were exactly as we practice and the kids at no time were in any danger. We got them evacuated from the building. Things went as smoothly as could be expected,” said Head of School, Rick Couturier.

The school will decide Monday if they will hold class Tuesday.