Wellness for the Family: Dialysis Food
Well you ask and you shall receive! Grace Derocha is bringing us some of the best foods for dialysis based off of a viewer request.
Dialysis is a process of eliminating excess water, solutes, and toxins from the body to improve kidney function and there is in fact foods that can help.
Some things to stay away from are potassium, phosphorus, sodium, and be sure to watch your liquid intake.
She made us a great fall salad. Here is the recipe:
- 4 cups cooked orzo, chilled (about 1 2/3 cups dried orzo)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups fresh apples of choice, cored and diced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup blanched almonds, chopped
- In a medium-size bowl, add all the ingredients except blue cheese and almonds, gently combining until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish, sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese and almonds and serve.