Michelle Cooks: Skinny Chili Cheese Dip
Game days are in full swing as we kick off football season and that means lots of hungry guests will be filling households across the nation to cheer on their favorite teams and eat their favorite snacks.
Michelle has a recipe that is sure to please them all and she shared it with us in the Heritage House Kitchen.
Here is the recipe for her Skinny Chili Cheese Dip:
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4.5 oz. can of green chili’s
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cups Mexican cheddar cheese (divided 1/3 and 1/3)
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place olive oil on a large frying pan and heat over medium/high heat. Add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the meat is fully browned.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and add green chilies, tomato paste, pinto beans, and spices. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese into the meat mixture and combine.
- Transfer into to a 9×9 inch oven safe pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dip begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve with veggies and chips.