Fustini’s & Iron Fish Collab for Drinks & Dessert on ‘the four’
Two northern Michigan favorites are coming together for a collaboration that will have your taste buds dancing. Iron Fish Distillery and Fustini’s Oils & Vinegars are creating two one-of-a-kind menu items that we got to sample and share with you on ‘the four’.
- Peaches – 2
- Lemon – 1
- Mint leaf – 6
- Ginger Root – 1 tbsp
- Mascarpone Cheese – 8 oz
- Iron Fish Barrel Aged Honey – 4 Tbsp
- Fustini’s Iron Fish Barrel Aged Honey Vinegar – ¼ Cup
- Macerate peeled and sliced peaches for 20-30 min in Honey Vinegar to soften and draw sugar out of the fruit.
- Grate lemon zest.
- Squeeze lemon juice into Honey and mix.
- Mix in lemon zest and finely grated ginger to make a honey sauce.
- Put a dollop of mascarpone cheese in a bowl.
- Place 4 macerated slices of peach on top of cheese.
- Drizzle honey sauce over peaches, finish with a pinch of finely chopped mint, and serve.
And a signature drink called “The Blue Bear”:
- 1.5 ounces Copper Queen Whiskey
- .25 ounce lemon juice
- .5 ounce Fustini’s Barrel Aged Honey Vinegar
- .5 ounce Honey Simple Syrup
- 5 Fresh Blueberries
- Muddle blueberries in the bottom of a mixing glass, top with bourbon, honey vinegar, honey and lemon juice. Ice, shake and strain into iced hi ball glass. Top with soda, garnish with lemon or mint.
To learn more about their collaboration, watch the video above.