Cooking With Chef Hermann: Breaded Chicken Cutlet
Breaded Chicken Cutlet with Arugula, Walnut and Peach Salad
2- 4oz Chicken Breasts slightly pounded
- Breading: Mix together in a shallow pan: 2 cup bread crumbs, ¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp granulated garlic, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp thyme and a pinch of cayenne and set aside.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, add to a shallow bowl with ¼ C milk and stir, set aside.
- 1 cup flour on plate, set aside
- Chicken: Dredge the chicken in flour, dip in the egg mixture then press into the breading both sides. Set aside.
- Heat 4 TB oil until shimmering, Cook Cutlets about 5 minutes each side or until brown. Set aside on paper towels to drain extra oil.
Salad and Dressing:
- ½ C. Walnut Oil
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- Whisk dressing together then toss dressing with 1.5 cup of arugula and 2-3 quartered peaches.
- Place the chicken on serving plate and put the salad on top.