West Shore Community College Performing Arts Series Announces Lineup
West Shore Community College in Mason County is kicking off another season of its performing arts series.
We welcomed WSCC Performing Arts Series’, Ted Malt to tell us about what we can expect from this year’s series.
Here is the schedule:
- From THE VOICE: Josh Davis (An All Ages Show)
- Thursday September 19th, 7:30pm Center Stage Theater
- Friday September 20th, 7:30pm Center Stage Theater
- A tried and true Michigan musician. Already a heavily touring/recording artist, a finalist on the television hit, “The Voice,” Josh Davis performed duets with Sheryl Crow and Adam Levine and helped break the mold as the first artist to sing original compositions on the show. A two-night run of Josh Davis and his band will be sure to captivate our regional audiences!
- The Michigan State University BeBop Spartans (An All Ages Show)
- October 12 7:30pm Peterson Auditorium
- The next generation of great American jazz musicians is represented in this ensemble playing improv, bebop, swing, blues & soul.
- Ticket Prices: General Admission All Ages: 15.00
- WSCC Student: Free (One ticket maximum per valid student I.D.)
- WSCC Theater Department Presents: Frankenstein (recommended for children over 13)
- October 24-26 7:30pm Center Stage Theater
- October 27, 2:00pm Center Stage Theater
- Set in the icy polar regions where scientist Victor Frankenstein has chased the creature he brought to life, this highly theatrical and emotional play traces Frankenstein’s path to the final confrontation with his intelligent, articulate, sensitive, and powerfully violent child.
- Pedrito Martinez Group-A Collaboration with the Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts and the WSCC Humankind Series (An all ages show)
- Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts
- Friday November 9th, 7:30pm
- Grammy®-nominated, Pedro Pablo “Pedrito” Martinez was born in Havana, Cuba. Now living in New York City, Pedrito has recorded and performed with Wynton Marsalis, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, and Sting contributing to over 50 albums. Hold on tight for an evening of high energy, contemporary afro-cuban sounds featuring Pedrito and his band.
- Edgar Struble Presents: A Nashville Family Christmas (An all ages show)
- Saturday December 21, 2019
- Peterson Auditorium, Ludington High School
- 2:00 p.m. & 7:30pm
- A holiday musical event for the entire family!
- Our hometown musical hero Edgar Struble has outdone himself assembling a powerhouse of many of the nation’s best country musicians including musical director and musicians from the Grand Ole Opry band. Join us for a country musical extravaganza including traditional and contemporary holiday country favorites, guest appearances, holiday treats and pictures with Santa! (Concert ticket required for pictures with santa and goodies!)
To learn more, click here.