Michelle Cooks: Sweet Potato Brownies
Michelle was back in the Heritage House Kitchen to bring us a sweet and savory recipe that will have you changing up your dessert game.
Sweet Potato Brownies
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Serves: 9 Brownies
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vailla
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Saking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and roughly chop. Microwave them in a large bowl of water for ~8 minutes.
- In a food processor, process sweet potatoes, applesauce, vanilla, and milk.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato mixture and eggs.
- In a medium sized bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, soda, powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, ~1/3 at a time until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for ~35 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully and cut into 9 squares.
Store in the fridge, since they’re super moist.