Business in Focus: Norte Youth Cycling Adventurama
If you have never heard of Norte Youth Cycling, they are an educational and empowering cycling community that provides everything from bike safety and pro-walk/bike advocacy to youth empowerment and networking.
“Norte is dedicated to building stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly communities by empowering the young and young at heart.”
They are doing just that through a variety of different events and this month they are hosting their Adventurama. This Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. It is at The Workshop Brewing Company in Traverse City and they want you and the whole family to head on our for adventure, a scavenger hunt, fundraiser, geocaching, costume contest, and so much more.
They will have two divisions for the event:
- Open Division
- Middle/High School kids & Adults
- Family Division
- Two kids under 10-years-old
- Perfect for elementary students
Each “squad” will consist of 3 to 5 adventurers and they must have at least one adult.
The cost is 50 dollars per squad which will all be donated to support happy, healthy, ready-to-learn kids to have an active life. Registration is now open online.
Here is the day schedule:
- Check-in opens at The Workshop Brewing Company (WBC)
- Mandatory squad meeting. All squads must be checked in
- Treasure maps Challenge Cards are unveiled
- Last opportunity to draw from the Challenge Card pile
- Course opens. Squads are released
- Scoring opens (squads cannot return before this time)
- 3:00 DEADLINE
- Your squad will be docked 5 points for every 5 minutes you are late. We set the time based on our Timing Master’s phone clock.
- Scoring closes – We will not accept returning squads after this time
- Awards ceremony and after-party at WBC.
To learn more about the points system, rules, scoring, additional points, and so much more, click here.