Michelle Cooks: Watermelon Salad
Summertime is almost over, but we still have one amazing weekend ahead of us to celebrate.
Michelle Dunaway brought us a Watermelon Salad.
Here is the recipe:
PREP: 15 mins
TOTAL: 15 mins
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 cups cubed watermelon, see notes
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, we like a combination of mint and parsley, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed, we prefer sheep’s milk feta (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- To toast the sunflower seeds, add them to a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, swirling and shaking the seeds around the pan until they smell fragrant and toasty, about 2 minutes.
- Add watermelon, chopped herbs, feta cheese, and toasted sunflower seeds to a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with red-wine vinegar and olive oil as well as a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper. Toss and serve with torn or small herb leaves on top or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.