There is something to be said about northern Michigan’s incredible fall harvest.
You can be part of Michigan’s largest farm to table dinner – .
The Groundwork Celebration brings together friends, family, farmers, and communities to enjoy a meal with entertainment.
This year’s event is Saturday, October 12th at the .
To learn more about tickets, .
Chef Fred Laughlin stopped by the Heritage House Kitchen to make a savory, harvest inspired meal.
He shared the recipe with us:
Zucchini and Roma Tomato Marinara
- 1 lb. Zucchini (sliced thinly)
- 1 lb. Roma Tomatoes (diced medium)
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small green pepper (diced medium)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Heat a sauté pan and add olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add zucchini and sauté lightly.
- Add tomatoes and cook until a sauce forms.
- Add salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Simmer lightly and serve over fresh pasta.