Harvest at the Commons 2019
There is something to be said about northern Michigan’s incredible fall harvest.
You can be part of Michigan’s largest farm to table dinner – The Harvest at the Commons.
The Groundwork Celebration brings together friends, family, farmers, and communities to enjoy a Taste the Local Difference meal with entertainment.
This year’s event is Saturday, October 12th at the Village at Grand Traverse Commons.
To learn more about tickets, click here.
Chef Fred Laughlin stopped by the Heritage House Kitchen to make a savory, harvest inspired meal.
He shared the recipe with us:
Zucchini and Roma Tomato Marinara
- 1 lb. Zucchini (sliced thinly)
- 1 lb. Roma Tomatoes (diced medium)
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small green pepper (diced medium)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Heat a sauté pan and add olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add zucchini and sauté lightly.
- Add tomatoes and cook until a sauce forms.
- Add salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Simmer lightly and serve over fresh pasta.