This peachy summer recipe will have you firing up the grill, but not for a barbecue.
Michelle was back with another simple dish in the Heritage House Kitchen.
Here is the recipe:
Pan-Fried Peaches with Coconut Milk, Cinnamon & Raw Honey
- 2 organic and/or local peaches
- 2 teaspoons of unrefined, virgin coconut oil (this is what I typically buy)
- 1/4+ cup of full-fat coconut milk (after trying a few brands, this is my favorite OR you can use homemade coconut milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey (sub real maple syrup to make it vegan-friendly)
- Cinnamon powder, to taste (I recommend “true” Ceylon cinnamon)
- Cast-iron skillet
- A spoon (to ensure you get coconut milk & peach in each bite)
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium and add the coconut oil. While that’s melting, wash and dry the peaches, then slice them in half. Use a spoon or your fingers to remove the pits and discard. When the oil and pan are hot enough, place the peach halves face down and cook 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan to a bowl or rimmed plate. Sprinkle cinnamon powder across the tops of the peach halves. Pour coconut milk into the middle of the peaches and then the rest of the milk around the peaches. Drizzle raw honey across the halves. Serve immediately or let it sit for a few minutes so the peaches warm up the coconut milk.