9&10 News – Creative Coordinator/Copywriter
Your Position Overview
The Creative Coordinator/Copywriter has a love for written words and an appreciation for visual art. S/he is a spelling wizard and acts as the grammar police chief. S/he does the majority of copywriting, storyboarding and quoting for promotions, sales and client work. The Creative Coordinator/Copywriter handles all scheduling of creative staff including shoots, edits, storyboarding and more. The Coordinator knows everything that is going on in the department at any given time. S/he also meets with clients as much as possible and is the direct liaison to Promotions and News.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any position, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- Copywriter for commercial & promotional projects.
- Point Person for PROJECTS.
- Works with team members and clients to find creative solutions for projects.
- Coordinator for all incoming commercial and promotional projects.
- Maintains Traverse City and Cadillac production schedule.
- Maintains Creative Services YouTube page/Social Pages and Website.
- Graphic Design projects as needed.
- Work closely with the Director and Project Manager on a daily basis to ensure the department is running efficiently and help to find avenues of growth.
- Communicate daily or weekly (dependent on project) with creative and sales/clients.
- Send reminders on quote/script/finished project approvals.
- Provide a progress report as it moves towards completion.
10. Ensure deadlines are met as often as possible.
- Delegate tasks if needed.
- Adjust schedule as needed.
11. Help with new business development as often as possible.
12. Work closely with Project Manager on workflow/project management.
13. Help the creative team improve by giving feedback before/after project is completed.
14. Share inspiring creative when you come across it.
- Read the trades weekly.
- Scour YouTube and other video sharing sites.
Qualifications for Your Position
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability you are required to possess.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar experience
- Minimum of two years of experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Excellent written English and good grammar
- A love and feel for language
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to independently resolve problems
- Ability to work with different personalities
Heritage Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org