Firefighters Say a Recently Installed Carbon Monoxide Alarm Saved a Woman’s Life

“The only way that you know if it’s in your house is by having an alarm installed in your house,” said Daren Mansfield, a firefighter and paramedic for the Blair Township Fire Department.

If you don’t have them already, after hearing this story you’re going to want to make sure you have carbon monoxide alarms in your home.

The Blair Township Fire Department just installed about 60 carbon monoxide alarms in area homes.

One of those alarms went off seven days later, saving a woman’s life.

She came home Saturday night to discover her alarm was sounding.

She called 9-1-1 and first responders found high levels of carbon monoxide in her home.

They say it came from a faulty stove.

The fire department says if you have an alarm going off call 9-1-1 right away.

“It was about 8 p.m. at night when this started to alarm when she had come home so if it was something where she would’ve been at home and in bed, it could’ve been a very tragic case,” said Amy Wiggins, a firefighter and paramedic for the Blair Township Fire Department.

The Blair Township Fire Department still has about 30 alarms left for township residents.

If you need one, call the fire department at (231) 276-6341.