Michelle Cooks: Burger Bowl
Your favorite burger just got a little more carb-friendly with a delicious burger bowl.
Michelle brought us another awesome summer recipe from the Heritage House Kitchen and you are going to want to check this one out.
Cook: 5 minutes
Tagged: Lunch & Dinner Recipes, Single Serving, 30 Minutes or Less
- 3 cups shredded or chopped lettuce
- 4 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (at least 96% lean)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, or more for topping
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp. light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 oz. (about 1/4 cup) sliced avocado
- Optional toppings: dill pickle chips, ketchup, yellow mustard
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, and add both types of cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed and melted.
- Add beef mixture to the large bowl. Top with tomato and avocado.