Otsego County Woman Treated for 3rd Degree Burns Caused By Mobile Home Fire

A family in Otsego County lost four pets during a mobile home fire this weekend.

The county fire department says a woman living in the Hayes Township home woke up around 8:30 p.m. Saturday when she smelled smoke.

The department says the fire first started in the home’s kitchen.

Firefighters were able to extinguish it in less than an hour.

The woman in the home was taken to the hospital treatment for 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her hands and arms.

The fire chief also says family lost two dogs and two cats due to smoke inhalation.