9&10 News – Web Producer/Editor
Position Title: Web Producer/Editor
Your Position Overview
WWTV-WWUP 9&10 News Northern Michigan’s News Leader is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our award winning news team as a web producer/editor. The ideal candidate must have a strong writing background, preferably with a degree in English, journalism or related fields. The right candidate must have a passion for news and be familiar with the major social media platforms. Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and publish news articles to the station’s website
- Populate station social media pages with engaging and compelling content
- Responsible for copy editing, headline writing, and caption writing for print, digital, and social media
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Qualifications for Your Position
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability you are required to possess.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the field of Journalism or Broadcasting preferred.
- Communication Skills – To perform this position successfully, you should be able to effectively communicate with users of all knowledge levels in both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Social Media Skills – Able to utilize and navigate all major social media platforms
- Basic Video Editing Knowledge
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer. Please send your resume, writing samples and college transcripts to: email@example.com