9&10 News – Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Your Position Overview
As the Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for various accounts receivable activities for a fast paced broadcasting company, as well as other various entities and includes tight deadlines.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any position, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with Finance Team members and contribute to the overall knowledge of the Team at team meetings.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the accounts receivable process.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly invoicing, deposit entry, commission preparation, adding new clients to software, trade paperwork, cash in advance review, account reconciliation.
- Managing collections of open accounts receivable to ensure timely payments by clients and resolving invoice and/or payment discrepancies.
- Maintain relationships with employees of various departments to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary.
Qualifications for Your Position
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability you are required to possess.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university in Accounting or a related field preferred. Willing to consider all levels of experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as wages and salaries, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability –Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – To perform this position successfully, you should have knowledge of Dynamics GP, Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
Heritage Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume, references, and transcripts if applicable to email@example.com