9&10 News – Computer Systems Analyst II
Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst II
Your Position Overview
As a Computer Systems Analyst II, you will work with the Information Technology Team, Department Managers, and users to determine the needs of the organization. Evaluate current and develop new systems and procedures to meet the needs of the organization. Computer Systems Analysts often work under tight timelines while also making sure the everyday technology operations continues to run.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any position, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
1. Consult with department heads to determine the role of the IT system in an organization.
2. Research emerging technologies to evaluate whether they can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Prepare an analysis of costs and benefits so management can decide if information systems and computing infrastructure upgrades are financially worthwhile.
4. Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer systems.
5. Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software.
6. Installation and configuration of new systems and customize them for the organization.
7. Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected.
8. Run and terminate data transmission lines for network and endpoint expansion.
9. Maintain current computers, servers, and network infrastructure.
10. Manage and maintain database systems.
11. Train the system’s end users and write instruction manuals.
12. Monitor and respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
13. Provide technical support for local and remote users.
14. Maintain relationships with employees of various departments to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
Your Supervisory Responsibilities
No supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications for Your Position
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability you are required to possess.
1. Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the field of Information Technology or equivalent experience.
2. Communication Skills – To perform this position successfully, you should be able to effectively communicate with users of all knowledge levels in both written and verbal forms of communication.
3. Must have valid driver license.
Please submit resumes to ChesneyDavis@9and10news.com
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO employer