Blood Supply in Michigan at Critical Levels: Donations Needed
The blood supply in the Big Rapids region is so low, Spectrum Health says they are now at critical levels.
Spectrum Health says supply levels are low across the state, but especially in Mid-Michigan.
That’s where blood supply is 84% below normal supply levels.
They are now urging asking for blood donations through the rest of the month.
Starting Tuesday you can help restock the blood supply in the state.
You can also make an appointment to give blood with the Red Cross by calling 1-800-733-2767.
Blood donation locations in Northern Michigan:
- Tuesday, July 16 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Covenant Presbyterian Church,108 Church St., Tustin.
- Thursday, July 18 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Chapel of the Lakes Lutheran Church, 9407 90th, Mecosta.
- Monday, July 22 from noon to 5 p.m. at Spectrum Health Big Rapids Hospital Professional Office Building, 705 Oak St., Suite 5, Door A, Big Rapids.
- Tuesday, July 23 from 8 a.m. to noon at Munson Healthcare Cadillac, 400 Hobart Street, Cadillac.
- Monday, July 29 from 10 a.m. to 2:10 p.m. at Spectrum Health Canadian Lakes Family Medicine, 8354 100th Avenue, 1st Floor, Suite 2, Canadian Lakes.
- Tuesday, July 30 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital Blood Bus, 300 N. Patterson Rd., Reed City.
- Wednesday, July 31 from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Hauenstein Reynolds Township Library, 117 W. Williams St., Howard City.