Michelle Cooks: Salmon Bites
We have one awesome summer snack for you to try and it is an easy one.
Check out these small salmon bites to make for any appetizer needs.
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 10 mins
Yield 40 bites
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1″ rounds
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Toothpicks or tiny party forks
- Peel cucumbers and slice them into 1″ circles. Arrange on a platter as desired. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the cream cheese.
- Place cream cheese, dill, horseradish, and cream in a large bowl. Beat until well combined (a handheld mixer really helps here.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice (more or less to taste), then top each slice with a bite sized piece of smoked salmon. Insert a toothpick down the center to keep in place.
- Serve at once, or keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- I recommend making these as close to the serving time as possible