Red Tail Boa Killed in Small Fire at GarLyn Zoo

A Mackinac County zoo is open after suffering a small fire Tuesday morning.

Workers at the GarLyn Zoo came in Tuesday morning to find a small fire.

The zoo tells us that the fire started from one of their heating pads sparking,

Workers caught the fire early and it was able to be put out in time before causing any major damage.

However the zoo said they did lose their red tail boa. The building will be closed until everything is cleaned up.

They say all other animals are doing well.