Grace Derocha’s Unusual Salad in a Bowl
Homemade dressing and a summer salad is just what we need to celebrate this warm weather!
Grace Derocha was at the Heritage House to share her salad in a bowl, but now like what you might think.
This salad in a bowl was grown by her inside of her home this winter and you won’t believe how big they are.
The lettuce needs at least five hours of sunlight a day to grow, so keep this in mind when you are deciding where to place your home grown salad in a bowl.
To find out more about Blue Cross Blue Shield, click here.
Here is Grace’s vinaigrette recipe:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon or citrus of choice (4 tablespoons juice & 3 teaspoons zest)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Put all ingredients in tightly sealed container. Shake vigorously until well blended.
- Refrigerate for half hour before serving. Enjoy on your favorite salad.