Michelle Cooks: Healthy Cauliflower Leek Soup
What a soup-er day on the four!
Michelle Dunaway whipped up a deliciously healthy cauliflower leek soup this Wellness Wednesday.
Serves 3-4 people
Gluten-free, Vegan optional
- 1 medium head of Cauliflower, cleaned and divided into florets
- 1 Leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 32 oz carton of Stock (I used Chicken, you can use veggie if vegan!)
- 2 cups of Milk (I used Almond-Cashew milk, use what you wish)
- 1 tbsp grass-fed Butter OR Coconut Oil (use Coconut oil if vegan!)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil OR Coconut Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chives or Scallions to garnish
Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum.
In a large mixing bowl, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt. Spread florets evenly on baking sheet, and place baking sheet in oven. Roast for about 30 minutes until florets are fully cooked and get some nice roasted-brown color. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a large pot over medium heat, place butter (or coconut oil) and chopped leeks and saute until leeks are fully softened. Add crushed garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cauliflower florets, milk, and stock. Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes.
From here, if you have an immersion blender, blend soup right in the pot. If using regular blender, wait for soup to slightly cool to handling temperature, pour soup mixture into blender and blend until fully creamy and smooth. Plate and serve with desired garnish!
Soup will remain good in the fridge in airtight containers for 2 to 3 days, or you can freeze in airtight containers for 2 to 3 months