The Norte Way: Traverse City Summer Bike Camp
Explore, Learn, Develop and Become a Bike Handling Ninja!
Make your summer bike-tastic! The Traverse City Summer Bike Camp is an adventure-based, week long, half-day camp.
This camp teaches elementary and middle school-aged kids urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure. Much adventure!
To learn more about NORTE, their goals and how to get involved, click HERE!
Summer Bike Camp’ers will:
- Explore Traverse City on your bike and discover its awesome places
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart around town with your friends
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Knowing how to change a flat or adjust your brakes is IMPORTANT
- Become a bike handling ninja
- Build independence and confidence. Meet new friends. Be active. Have FUN!
Four sessions available for incoming:
- 1st and 2nd graders
- 3rd and 4th graders
- 5th and 6th graders
- 7th and 8th graders
Sessions begin the week after school and run through August (no camp during Cherry Fest and Film Fest).
- 9:00 AM-noon; Monday to Friday
- Camp starts and ends at the Norte Wheelhouse at the Civic Center Park
All campers receive:
- A super cool wicking Norte T-shirt
- Already have a Bike Más Project T-shirt from a previous season? No problem! We’ll provide you with a discount coupon to our online merch store when you register!
- An annual membership to our Clubhouse
- Positive attitude
- Able to comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st – 2nd grade), 5-6 miles (3rd-4th), 7-8 miles (5th-6th grade), 8 miles + (7th-8th grade).
Full day “Ride & Kick” at the Civic Center option:
- In partnership with TBAYS, we’re excited to offer a full-day option featuring soccer from 1-4 pm at the Civic Center.
- Soccer will be taught by TBAYS’ nationally-licensed coaches and is available for all ages on the weeks of June 17th and July 22nd only.
- Register for just the afternoon soccer ($60) HERE
- $150 (for full day “Ride & Kick” option on select weeks)
- Details HERE
No bike? Or your current bike isn’t great? We have several awesome bikes to lend from our library for the week of camp!