Michelle Cooks: Turkey Pizza
Even the harshest critics in your family will be satisfied by this healthier turkey pizza.
Makes eight servings
Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs. raw lean ground turkey (7% fat or less)
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce with 3g fat or less per serving
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, cream cheese and seasonings.
Thoroughly mix. Shape into a large rectangle on the parchment-lined baking sheet, about 1/4-inch thick.
Bake until cooked through. About 15 minutes.
Remove sheet but leave oven on. Carefully drain excess liquid from the baking sheet and thoroughly blot the crust dry.
Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella and basil.
Bake until mozzarella has melted. About 5 minutes.