Michelle Cooks: Zucchini Ravioli
It’s National Ravioli Day, definitely a favorite for many families.
But it’s not always the healthiest. Michelle Dunaway found a much healthier option that’s bringing more veggies into your life.
- 1 15-oz container of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- About 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- A small sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped fine
- 1 heaping cup shredded Parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese (or a mix of them)
- 3 small/medium zucchini (about 8 inches long)
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a small mixing bowl, mix your filling ingredients.
Take your vegetable peeler and slice vertically down the zucchini to make nice thin “zoodles”.
Set two of these zoodles across each other (at a 90 degree angle) and put a nice fat pat of the ricotta mixture in the middle where they intersect.
Roll the zoodles around the cheese and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
Repeat until you either run out of zoodles or out of cheese.
Sprinkle lightly with Red Robin Seasoning (or salt) and freshly ground pepper.
Bake for about 20 minutes, then top with your favorite sauce and a bit of shredded Parmesan (if you like) and enjoy!
(For more recipes like this, head to sumptuousspoonfuls.com).