Cooking With Chef Hermann: Skillet Clams and Cod
Skillet Clams and Cod
- 1 1/4lb Cod fillet, cut into four pieces and patted dry
- 1/3 C Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Shallot, chopped fine
- 1/3C Dry White Wine
- 12 Littleneck Clams
- ½ C Corn, fresh or frozen
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ C Parsley, chopped fine
- Lemon Wedges
Season Cod with salt and pepper, dredge fillets in flour and tap off excess. Heat 2 TB Oil in skillet. Cook Cod until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes, remove and platter the fish.
Turn heat up to medium with remaining oil, cook shallots until soft. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated. Add clams and cover. Cook until clams open. Remove clams discarding any that do not open. Platter them with the cod.
Reduce heat to low, add butter and corn. Spoon over the clams and cod. Top with parsley and lemon.