TCAPS Offers Veterans Opportunity to Receive High School Diploma

If you know a veteran who never received a high school diploma after leaving Traverse City area Public Schools to fight for their country, there is a new opportunity for them to receive one in recognition of their service and sacrifice.

The law permits World War II veterans who left high school between December 16, 1940, and December 31, 1946 to apply for a diploma.

Korean War veterans who left high school between June 23, 1950, and January 31, 1955, may also apply.

Veterans of the Vietnam era must have served between February 29, 1961, and May 7, 1975, to qualify.

Family members may apply on the behalf of a living or deceased veteran.

For more information, contact Mary Beth Stein at (231) 933-1718.

Categories: the four