Michelle Cooks: Healthy Chickpea Blondies
Something sweet but not bad for you.
We’ve got an alternative to brownies that are bit healthier for you, but no less delicious!
You would never know by tasting them that these “blondies” are made with chickpeas, which are high in protein, fiber and vitamins!
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas*
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor combine chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in oats, baking soda, sea salt and egg. Process until batter comes together smoothly. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Stir in chocolate chunks (or chips).
- Spread batter into baking pan, ensuring that top is flat.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 20 mins before cutting into 12 blondies and removing from pan.
- Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
This comes out to 2 cups. If you can’t find a 19 oz can, measure out 2 cups from 2 14 oz cans.
(For more great recipes like this, head to thehealthymaven.com)