Amish Sawmill in Marion Damaged in Fire
An Amish-owned sawmill is damaged after a fire broke out Thursday morning.
The Marion Fire Department responded to a call at Greentree Hardwoods Sawmill in Marion around 7 a.m.
Fire crews say no one was injured and they’re not sure what sparked the fire, but they do know it started in the engine room when a worker powered on the equipment for the day.
The flames spread to the main sawmill area causing some structural damage.
Marion Fire Chief David Turner says they plan to tear down the severely damaged engine room and some inside walls in the main building.