Wellness For The Family: Delicious Ricotta, Kale & Mushroom Toast
It’s almost National Cheese Day and you got to make sure you get your cheese fix.
I mean who doesn’t love cheese? Check out this healthy and extremely tasty recipe for ricotta kale and mushroom toast from Grace Derocha, Registered Dietitian with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms of choice, may choose a variety
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups kale leaves, torn into pieces
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whole grain bread, sliced and toasted
- Cook mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add torn kale leaves and if desired, red pepper flakes and cook, tossing, until kale is wilted.
- Season with white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Mix ricotta and feta and season with salt and pepper and spread onto toast; spoon mushroom-kale mixture on top. Serve and enjoy!
For more recipes and health and wellness tips, visit AHealthierMichigan.org.