Business in Focus: Dog Sledding & Deals at Gaylord’s Treetops Resort
The four us excited to announce a new segment, Treetops Thursdays, a partnership with our friends at Treetops Resort in Gaylord.
Director Kevin McKinley says one thing you absolutely won’t want to miss at the resort are “Thrifty Thursdays.”
Lift tickets are $10. Rentals are $10. And you can even take on a $10 lesson at 4:30 p.m.
“This happens every single Thursday for the rest of the season,” he says. “I brought my skis. The reason I have them here is because I’m hightailing it back to Treetops.”
Or go for a dog sledding ride with Team Evergreen and Liza Dietzen, who are practicing for the famous Iditarod race by hauling guests through the plush, powdered snow at Treetops Resort.
For $50 per person and an extra $20 for a person in the sled, you can reserve a time slot with the crew by calling (866) 348-5249. See the reservation schedule below.
Director Kevin McKinley can tell you more about the awesome winter programs underway at Treetops in the video above, or learn more at treetops.com.
Dog Sledding Schedule
- January 12 – 9:30am – 4:30pm
- January 13 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
- January 19 – 9:30am – 4:30pm
- January 20 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
- February 2 – 9:30am – 4:30pm
- February 3 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
- February 23 – 9:30am – 4:30pm
- February 24 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
A separate time slot must be booked for each “sled load.” To accommodate families, it is recommended that you reserve time slots that are back to back.
Location: Check in for this adventure at the Jones Activity Center.
- $50 per person
- $20 for an additional person in sled
- A “sled load” consists of the following:
- 1 adult under 200 lbs.
- 1 adult and 1 child under 200 lbs.
- 2 children under 200 lbs.
Time slots are throughout the day and fill up early. Reservations are needed for this activity.