Special Olympics Michigan Polar Plunge 2019
The Special Olympics Michigan Polar Plunge is back!
Each year, the Special Olympic Polar Plunges gathers individuals, organizations and businesses together to support Special Olympics Michigan(SOMI). The brave souls who dare to jump plunge themselves into freezing cold water and are usually dressed in fun clothing or costumes. The funds raised during the plunges go towards sports training and competitions for more than 23,000 individuals with intellectual disabilities. Last year, Traverse City alone raised $34,000.
The following are the dates and locations for Northern Michigan plunge events…
- February 2: Traverse City – North Peak Brewing Company
- February 9: Lake City – Town Pump Saloon
- February 16: Cheboygan – Hoppies Tavern
- February 16: Mt. Pleasant – O’Kelly’s/Wayside
- February 23: Chippewa Lake – Chippewa Lake Public Access
- March 16: Manistee – Little River Casino Resort
- March 16: Twin Saults – The Elks Lodge in SS Marie, MI
There are over thirty Polar Plunges throughout the state this year so gather up your friends and get ready to jump!
You can register here: http://www.somi.org/events/polarplunge.html