One Man Dead After Bacteria Found in West Michigan Hospital

An elderly man treated for Legionnaire’s disease at a hospital in west Michigan died.

It comes shortly after the hospital’s water tested positive for Legionella.

Spectrum Health Pennock Hospital in Hastings announced the death today.

The hospital says two patients were actually treated for the disease, but it’s not clear if they were infected because of the hospital’s water.

The hospital says there are no confirmed cases of patients contracting the disease while there.

Doctors are testing other patients and the city’s water supply is not affected.