Utility Worked Killed While Working in Grand Traverse County

The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating after a Consumers Energy utility worker was electrocuted while working in Grand Traverse County. 

The sheriff’s office says it happened on Center Road in Peninsula Township before noon on Friday.

Consumers says the journeyman lineworker received an electric shock from a 7,200 volt line while doing utility work.

He was taken to the hospital, where he passed away.

The medical examiner’s office and Michigan OSHA are investigating what happened.

Related Articles