Lockdown Causes Confusion At Grand Traverse Mall; Report Unfounded

“Lock this place down, food court, food court.”

Terrifying moments for people at the Grand Traverse Mall as it went into lockdown after reports of a man with a gun outside.

Grand Traverse 911 says police responded, but so far found that report to be unfounded.

Mall security ordered the mall to lock down just before 8 Friday night, ordering shoppers to shelter in stores and lock the gates.

Central dispatch says it started after they received reports of a man with a gun outside the north part of the mall.

Our crew on the scene was able to find a man inside when it happened. He says it was mass confusion.

“I felt fine but I was too busy trying to figure out what was going on and people were messaging me asking what was going on in the mall and I had very little details about. The two young ladies were in the store and they felt uncomfortable because they didn’t speak much English and didn’t understand what was going on at all,” shoe store manager Adam Kabe said.

The lockdown was lifted just about a half hour after it began.