Parents of CMU Student Killed in Hit-And-Run 2 Years Ago Still Looking for Answers

“We just want that closure for everybody.”

It’s been two years since Central Michigan University student Ryan Tsatsos was killed in a hit and run crash.

And still no answers.

It happened Halloween night 2015.

That’s when police say Ryan was walking back from a party with a group of his friends on Crawford Road in Isabella County.

Police say he was hit by a car that never stopped, and pronounced dead at the scene.

He was a freshman at Central Michigan University.

Ryan’s parents Julie and Paul spoke at a heartbreaking press conference Wednesday, they are still desperate for answers.

Even after all this time his parents are begging for someone who knows something to come forward.

“It has been two years and it doesn’t get easier it gets harder each day,” Julie said.

Tears filled their eyes as they shared memories of Ryan.

“He was happy then. His eyes he has such nice eyes,” Julie said.

“People say time heals. That’s a lie, it’s not true there’s no healing here,” Paul said.

“For me it’s like torture because all I ever wanted to do was be a mom, so watching them have grand kids and get married and graduate from college knowing they are having parties,” Julie said.

Since the accident Michigan State Police say they have received about 100 tips on the case.

To this day they still believe the car that hit Ryan was a dark metallic blue color.

“We have followed up on leads from the Upper Peninsula to South East Michigan. We have not overlooked anything that has been called in. We’re still working his case very actively. We need the public’s help,” Sergeant Todd Parsons, Michigan State Police, Mount Pleasant Post said.

For Julie and Paul, reliving this day again is painful.

“This one is the last time that he smiled that we saw. Just means the world because he was having a hard time. To see that big smile, he was so happy then.

Just for the person or people, whoever knows something, just it was an accident. I honestly believe it was an accident, just to come forward,” Julie said.

These flyers have been given out the last two years and you can see there is an anonymous $10,000 reward for anyone who has information.