Alpena Co. Man Pronounced Dead After Vaping Fentanyl

Police say an Alpena County man is dead after he overdosed from vaping a liquid version of a strong opiate.

State troopers say the man and his wife bought the drug fentanyl online.

They say the pair then turned the drug into a vape liquid and inhaled it through a vaporizer.  

Police say the man took a number of hits, passed out and never regained consciousness.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Fentanyl is dozens of times more powerful than morphine.