Monday is Memorial Day; a day to remember those who have died while serving in the armed forces.
The long weekend also marks the unofficial start of summer and is typically celebrated with Barbeques and time with the family.
Gregory Hart from Cordwood BBQ joined our MTM crew Friday morning to whip up some tasty dishes perfect for the holiday weekend!
Here’s a couple recipes you can try in your own backyard:
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded as thinly as possible
- 1 cup fresh radish, julienned
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro (optional)
- 1 Tbsp salad oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Splash white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 lb redskin potatoes, boiled gently until tender, drained, and allowed to cool in the pot at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Amounts of seasonings are to taste
is currently parked at The Little Fleet in Traverse City.