An explosion caused a fire at the Green Mill Motel in Manton Wednesday Morning.
Wexford County deputies say there was an explosion at the Green Mill Motel around 4 a.m. and the building is destroyed.
A woman and her two children were sent to Cadillac Munson Hospital with severe burns and then flown to a Grand Rapids hospital for further treatment. Their condition is unknown at this time.
Another man was taken to the hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation.
9&10’s Veronica Meadows spoke with some witnesses who say it was quite the shock early Wednesday morning.
“I’m glad they’re getting it out it looks pretty bad,” says witness, Amanda Aldridge. “Hopefully they can rebuild it up here. It’s scary knowing something that big is going on.”
“I’m just glad they were able to contain it,” adds Shayne Aldridge. “Because especially in the surrounding area, there’s a lot of woods and trees and it’s pretty windy so a gust of wind and it could have gotten out of hand pretty quickly.”
The fire is now under investigation.
Northern Michigan’s News Leaders was the first one on scene and will continue working to bring you the latest details on this fire on air and online.