MTM Celebrates Cinco de Mayo
Happy Cinco de Mayo, Northern Michigan!
Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday celebrating the date of the Mexican army’s victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War in 1862.
Cinco de Mayo is a relatively minor holiday in Mexico but in the United States it has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican culture and heritage.
We’re kicking off our celebration with some tasty, easy-to-make recipes.
- 12 oz Frozen Limeade
- 4 cups Water
- ¼ cup Agave Nectar
- 1.5 cups Ice
- Salt, Lime Wedges (For a garnish)
- *Adults can add alcohol if desired
- Mix all ingredients into a blender and blend!
- Pour in glass and add salt and lime for your garnish and enjoy!
Slow-Cooker Queso Dip
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- 32 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- Pre-cook beef.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until all the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy with chips.
- 3 Avocados
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- 3tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tsp Garlic
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Combine until it reaches your desired Consistency.
- Serve and enjoy with chips!