Olive Garden Joins MTM To Celebrate Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day
Its National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day!
Olive Garden and some of our youngest 9&10 family members stopped by to make some delicious Italian inspired dishes.
General Manager, Rob Payne from Traverse City’s Olive Garden showed us how to make their Grilled Chicken Piadinas and provided the recipe so you could make your own at home!
- 4 Piadinas (thin pizza crust or flat bread)
- 1 lb. of fresh chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of Fontina cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of Asiago cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Garden’s Signature Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil and drained
- ¼ cup of Montamore cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of Romano cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-high heat sauté pan. Place chicken in the center. Cook thoroughly, approximately on 5-6 minutes on each side. Once cooked, cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat olive oil, then add fresh spinach. Sauté until tender.
- Melt the Fontina, Asiago, mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese over low heat in a sauce pot. Add a small amount of milk to help keep the consistency smooth. Add Italian dressing, sundried tomatoes and pesto.
- Spread melted cheese mixture on one half of each Piadina.
- Top with ¼ of the grilled chicken and ¼ of the sautéed spinach.
- Sprinkle Montamore, Romano, smoked mozzarella, smoked provolone and remaining parmesan cheeses over the chicken and spinach.
- Heat a large saute pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Fold Piadina in half and place in the center of the pan.
- Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, and cut into 4-6 triangular pieces. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe creates 4 servings.
For more information about Olive Garden or to find a location near you, click here!