Good stress can motivate you, helping you achieve goals and feel happier.
It’s the bad stress that can be a major obstacle.
This week in Wellness for the Family, Michelle Dunaway and Grace Derocha, a registered dietitian with , take a look at snacks you can pack if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed.
Acai Berry Bowl
Acai Berry Puree
• 1/2 small banana, very ripe
• 3.5 oz. frozen acai berry pulp
• 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
• 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Toppings (Do not use frozen toppings):
• Kiwi, peeled and sliced or chopped
• Banana, sliced
• Peeled and chopped pineapple or mango
• Strawberries, sliced
• ¼ cup favorite nuts
• Wheat germ
• Drizzle of raw honey, optional
1. Prepare acai purée: In a blender, add banana, acai pulp, strawberries, blueberries and a splash of milk. (TIP: Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
2. Add toppings: Pour acai purée into a bowl and arrange desired toppings. Enjoy!
For more healthy recipes and tips for everyday wellness, click .