Skip to Main
News

Alpena Family Safe After Chimney Fire

Promo Image: Alpena Family Safe After Chimney Fire

A family is safe Friday morning after their chimney caught fire. 

The Alpena Fire Department says it happened Thursday night just before 10:00 p.m. on Washington Road in Alpena County.

When they got to the scene, flames were coming out of a two story chimney.

The family was able to make it out safely.

The homeowner says he was in the process of having the chimney flue relined.

Fire crews say the fire did not spread to the home.

They reminding people to have their chimneys cleaned and checked annually.