Be Prepared: Power Outage Safety Checklist
We’ve put together a little power outage safety checklist for you.
The American Red Cross recommends being ahead of the game.
– Prepare in advance.
– Use flash lights when it’s dark and avoid candles.
– Avoid unnecessary travel, because traffic lights may be out.
– If you have a generator, make sure you understand the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to safely use the generator.
– Keep your fridge and freezer closed as much as you can to keep the cold air in and your food fresh.
– Turn off and unplug all unnecessary electrical equipment, because when the power comes back on, surges and spikes can damage it.
– Finally, leave one light turned on, so you know when the power comes back on.
For more power outage safety tips, click here.